WIN A PENDLETON WOOLEN BLANKET (DETAILS BELOW)!
Join us once again to celebrate the land, water, wildlife, and people of the Pacific Northwest. In 2021, our annual Wild Splendor fundraiser will have an adapted format. Instead of a large gala or virtual gathering, we’re inviting our community and supporters to witness the glory of two of our region’s great migrations up-close and personal, on small group tours that will take place outdoors and adhere to current COVID-19 safety protocol. These events are free of charge, though donations are encouraged and will support our ambitious 25-year Conservation Agenda.
Throughout the winter, we’ll be hosting two different types of hour-long tours, at different locations within Vancouver city limits. Join Columbia Land Trust staff at Frenchman’s Bar Regional Park to take in the majestic migration of sandhill cranes OR meet us along the bank of the Columbia River to watch iconic chum salmon spawn. You’ll learn about these important species, their seasonal journeys, and our work to conserve their habitat. This tour series would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors, listed below!
- Dates have been selected based on our best estimates of migration periods given past data.
- Group size will be limited to 10 people for salmon tours and 15 people for crane tours.
- Masks and proof of vaccination will be required, and we will maintain physical distance as much as possible.
- Tours will take place rain or shine, so check the weather forecast beforehand and dress in appropriate outdoor attire.
- Each tour time has a unique registration link below, so make sure you click the correct link when signing up. If a link is not active it means that time slot is full. We hope to see you this winter!
- If you are currently registered for a tour and become unable to attend, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
In-Person Chum Salmon Tours in Vancouver, WA (On the Columbia River off Hwy 205)
Monday, November 29: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 3:30pm
Tuesday, November 30: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 3:30pm
Thursday, December 2: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 3:30pm
Saturday, December 4: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 3:30pm
In-Person Sandhill Crane Tours in Vancouver, WA (Frenchman’s Bar Regional Park)
Tuesday, November 16: 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm
Saturday, November 20: 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm
Tuesday, December 7: 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm
Saturday, December 11: 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm
After the tour series concludes in December, we will randomly select a registered attendee to win a Pendleton Woolen Mills blanket in the beautiful Wyeth Trail pattern. Register today and you could win!
Hahn and Associates, Inc.