The 2019 Dillacort hunting lottery is open.
The lottery is now open for the 2019 season. The lottery will close at 5:00 p.m. on September 6th.
The 2019 season dates are October 12th – October 22nd. To enter, fill out the form below. Permissions are granted in two-day blocks in a lottery drawing that will be held on Monday, September 9th. If you have any questions or comments, please email Land Steward Mitch Attig or call him at 360-993-5072. We are interested in your feedback regarding this system.
Hunting permission for our 568-acre Dillacort Canyon property in Klickitat County was issued this year under the following guidelines:
- For this year’s season, from October 12-22nd, permission is awarded in two-day blocks: 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20-21, and the 22nd as a stand-alone date.
- A maximum of 10 individuals per day with no more than 5 people per hunting party will be granted permission.
- Parties are randomly drawn and permission is granted based on block availability and the block prioritization specified by each applicant. If the applicant’s specified date blocks are not available when his or her name is drawn, the permission request is removed from the lottery.
- Once granted permission for a two-day block, all members of the party will not be allowed permission on a second date block until all applicants have had a chance to get access. Interested hunters are recycled through the lottery until all dates of interest are filled. Our intent is to grant up to two hunting date blocks per party if dates are available. In order to allow as many interested individuals access as possible, individuals may not be granted permission if they have already drawn two permissions even if they are part of a separate group.
- Hunting party leader contact information can be shared with other parties granted permission on the same date block to allow for hunter coordination if desired.
- Unused dates available after the lottery draw will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Permission tags specific to the property will be issued to all successful applicants for the dates granted. Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife (WDFW) tags are required to be in the possession of each hunter while on the property. All Washington State rules and regulations apply.
- NEW IN 2019: We are signed up with WDFW’s private lands hunting program, and WDFW is now in charge of all reservations that do not include the modern firearm season. The link to our page is: https://privatelands.wdfw.wa.gov/private_lands/hunt/800/