The 2017 hunting lottery for our Dillacort Canyon property is now open.
To be considered, lottery forms must be submitted by 5:00 PM on September 8th. Permissions were granted in two-day blocks in a lottery drawing held Monday, September 10th. If you have any questions or comments, please email Stewardship Assistant Mitch Attig or call him at 360-993-5072. We are interested in your feedback regarding this system.
Hunting permission for our 568-acre Dillacort Canyon property in Klickitat County was issued this year under the following guidelines:
- For this year’s season, from October 14-24th, permission will be awarded in two-day blocks: (14-15,16-17,18-19, 20-21, 22-23), and the 24th as a stand-alone date.
- A maximum of 10 individuals per day with no more than 5 people per hunting party will be granted permission.
- Parties will be randomly drawn and permission will be granted based on block availability and the block prioritization specified by each applicant. If the applicant’s specified date blocks are not available when his or her name is drawn, the permission request will be removed from the lottery.
- Once granted permission for a two-day block, all members of the party will not be allowed permission on a second date block until all applicants have had a chance to get access. Interested hunters will be recycled through the lottery until all dates of interest are filled. Our intent is to grant up to two hunting date blocks per party if dates are available. In order to allow as many interested individuals access as possible, individuals may not be granted permission if they have already drawn two permissions even if they are part of a separate group.
- Hunting party leader contact information can be shared with other parties granted permission on the same date block to allow for hunter coordination if desired.
- Unused dates available after the lottery draw will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Permission tags specific to the property will be issued to all successful applicants for the dates granted. WDFW tags are required to be in the possession of each hunter while on the property. All Washington State rules and regulations apply.
Fill out the lottery form below: