As of June 1st, the 2022 lottery is OPEN. It will close on September, 9th. You will be notified via email in mid-September if you are selected. The 2023 lottery will open in May 2023.
The 2022 season dates are October 15th-October 25th. Permissions are granted in two-day blocks in a lottery drawing. If you have any questions or comments, please email Stewardship Administrative Assistant Isabel Rojas.
Hunting permission for our 568-acre Dillacort Canyon property in Klickitat County was issued this year under the following guidelines:
- For this year’s season, from October 15th– 25th, permission is awarded in two-day blocks: 15-16, 17-18, 19-20, 21-22, 23-24, and the 25th as a stand-alone date.
- A maximum of 10 individuals per day with no more than 5 people per hunting party will be granted permission.
- Parties are randomly drawn and permission is granted based on block availability and the block prioritization specified by each applicant. If the applicant’s specified date blocks are not available when his or her name is drawn, the permission request is removed from the lottery.
- Once granted permission for a two-day block, all members of the party will not be allowed permission on a second date block until all applicants have had a chance to get access. Interested hunters are recycled through the lottery until all dates of interest are filled. Our intent is to grant up to two hunting date blocks per party if dates are available.
- Hunting party leader contact information can be shared with other parties granted permission on the same date block to allow for hunter coordination if desired.
- Unused dates available after the lottery draw will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Permission tags specific to the property will be issued to all successful applicants for the dates granted. Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife (WDFW) tags are required to be in the possession of each hunter while on the property. All Washington State rules and regulations apply.